Friday, June 11, 2010

Five Question Friday--June 11

Welcome once again to Five Question Friday, when I get to talk about me, me, me (as opposed to all those other blog posts about, um, oh right, me). Let's get started....


1. What do you think makes a good friend, or friendship?
This question quite possibly requires too many brain cells for this time of day (10 am). Let's see, I think one of my best friendship qualities is I'm a good listener. I think you just have to be there for your friends, you don't have to have the answer, just lend an ear or a shoulder, share the burden.
2. What is the last thing you bought & later regretted?
Ugh, I've had to make so many returns lately! I hate returns! First, I searched and searched stores and online for a new everyday bag (messenger style, with an adjustable strap, and two side pockets to carry water bottles and sippy cups in our hot Phoenix summers). I finally took the plunge and ordered from Amazon and when it arrived I was immediately disappointed. So back it went and I'm currently using a free diaper bag I got from Enfamil while pregnant. :-(
-
Also, I recently bought a pair of yoga pants from Target.com--a "deal of the day." Size large, yet they were too snug. Yuck! I need to return that to the store along with the "2-pack" of ice packs I bought the other day only to get it home and find that the box only contained one ice pack. Poop!

3. Have you ever had a prank played on you?
For my 11th birthday, I had a slumber party with 5 or 6 of my closest friends. During the party, I got a phone call. The caller didn't say who they were but I thought it was this other not-so-close girlfriend of mine and she (I thought) asked if I wanted to do something that weekend. I was like "sure" and I guess I started to realize something was up, I think my guests started giggling or something, so I asked "wait, who is this?" Turned out, it was a very popular BOY from my class, not the GIRL I thought I was talking to. The whole thing was a prank. (Nice that a cute and popular boy asking me out was too funny to be true!) Anyway, I turned red as a tomato and we all had a nice laugh. So yes, I've been "punked."
4. What is your favorite theme park?
For sure Disney's Magic Kingdom in Orlando--Disneyworld and Epcot. I truly think Disney is the happiest place on earth! I think we're going to take the kids to Disneyland in August. Yea! Disneyland is great, but I think Disneyworld is just that much better, spread out on more land, and Epcot is so fun as well (haven't been there in ages, but it would take a lot of time and money to get to the other side of the country). Anyway, Disney parks have a great variety of attractions as opposed to say Six Flags that is heavy on the roller coasters. Super fun!
5. Have you ever seen someone else give birth?
No, not in person. I've seen some "educational films" of women giving birth, but that is not something I would like to see in real life.
For more fun Q&As, visit My Little Life.