Friday, May 28, 2010

Five Question Friday--May 28th

1. Is there something you've always wanted to try but just can't muster up the courage to actually do yet?
I can't think of anything. I have zero desire to skydive or bungee jump or get a tattoo etc.

2. If you had $100 handed to you in cash without your significant other knowing about it, what would you spend it on?
This is a tough one. Since money is so tight right now, the answer should be "groceries." But that's no fun so let's assume groceries are paid for.... I'd like a water table for the kids to play in the backyard this summer. I'd like some more clothes. I'd like to decorate T's room, but we'll probably wait till she's out of her crib.

Also, I don't know why my hubby isn't supposed to know about it. I'd tell him, it's not like he wants anything for himself (believe me, that makes shopping for holidays tough).

Okay, here's a want, though I can't really justify it because we have a little kitchen set that was a gift. Because I love all things diner (but it costs more like $150).....

3. What was your favorite piece of playground equipment as a child?
I loved the swings. Swing swing swing, all the time.

My grandparents live next to an elementary school, so it was like having a playground in their backyard. (But we only visited them a few times per year.) When I was a kid, that park had some very cool equipment. There was a metal pirate ship to climb on and this hamburger/spaceship that you climbed up a ladder and into the hamburger. Those were lots of fun. And it had two of those little merry-go-rounds I never see anymore. We had so much fun at that playground over the years!

4. Do you prefer a sweet or hearty breakfast?
I'm a sweets girl. My everyday breakfast is Eggo waffles with syrup, so yeah, pretty sweet. Although I sometimes eat eggs on the weekend, my idea of a special breakfast is pancakes or french toast, also sweet. Or I could skip the food altogether and just have donuts, coffee cake, or cinnamon rolls. Yum!

Sadly, my husband doesn't share my preferences. He's sensitive to too much sugar (hypoglycemic?) so we rarely do french toast or cinnamon rolls etc. He loves donuts, though, he can have a bunch of those after a hearty breakfast. But we don't do those often because they irritate my IBS. :-(

5. Are you a Neat Freak or a Messy Bessy?
Ugh, I am such a Messy Bessy! :-( I wish I were a neat freak, even just a little bit, but I have no motivation to clean until it looks like a tornado came through or animals are starting to move in. Yuck! I am trying to get more organized but it's a very slow process when overwhelmed by just the day-to-day of raising kids.

Go over here and join the 5-question fun!

No comments: