Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Resolution Post

It's that time of year again, everybody's thinking about Resolutions. Well, all of mine last year failed miserably, so I've only got a couple small aspirations this year.

1) I am going to try to be friendlier. I think I'm a pretty kind and caring friend, but I tend not to be friendly to strangers, acquaintances, fellow preschool moms, whatever. I'm not rude or anything, just introverted and shy. So I'm going to push myself to be more outgoing and hopefully I'll start to notice moments where I could be more friendly and I'll go that extra mile.

2) This past year I was horrendous about thank-you-notes. I got an entire year behind! So I'm going to try very hard to be prompt with thank-yous so I don't get behind and thus overwhelmed. (Not off to a great start, I've yet to write a single Christmas note.)

3) I want to try to figure out a way to get back to church. It's very hard with two kids and there are various "issues" with the churches around here, but number one we just have to make it a priority again--we got out of the habit and we need to fix this!!!

Meanwhile, inspired by Tip Junkie, I've been thinking about a "word of the year" and think I've finally decided on ASPIRE. I was thinking about goals like: do better, try your best, make better choices, be deliberate with my time, work with purpose, be a better wife, be a better mom. S0 I think "aspire" sums up this goal to try to do better and be better in 2010. There you have it, Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Merry said...

Just thought I would stop by and say "Hi!". Thanks for visiting my Tackle It Tuesday post. I've joined your blog so I'll be stopping by!