Monday, March 28, 2011

Organizing Challenge, Week 11

Ack, I haven't posted in over a week! Lots to catch up on. I'll start by catching up on One Year to a {more} Organized Life. I'm behind as usual--this is for Week 11.
Week 11's assignment was to make a list of meals your family enjoys. The goal was 30 meals, but I was convinced we didn't have nearly that many (we are in a serious food rut), but lo and behold, I counted 33! I'll go ahead and share my list in the hope that it might inspire you (though everything is pretty basic, I think) and you can let me know in the comments if you'd like me to share any of my recipes. :-)


burritos

hamburgers

meatloaf

spaghetti with meatballs or meatsauce

beef stroganoff

penne baked pasta

manicotti

lasagna

chicken pot pie {I'm the only one who likes it so I rarely make it anymore}

curry chicken--crockpot

curry chicken--creamy

mayonnaise chicken

chicken stir fry

roast chicken in the oven

whole chicken in the crockpot

pot roast--wine

pot roast--creamy

pork tenderloin

pork chops grilled

steak

grilled chicken

BBQ chicken thighs

bratwurst

pizza (frozen or grilled)

prepared pasta (like Buitoni or Costco ravioli)

enchiladas

quesadillas

taquitos {we don't really make these anymore}

fried chicken or nuggets

flautas from Costco

arichera (we buy marinated skirt steak from a Mexican market and grill it)

carne asada on the grill

pulled pork in the crockpot


And I realized that I'm lacking a good recipe for beef stew in the crockpot and for pork roast. Any suggestions?


I'm glad to have done that exercise, it should make meal-planning easier going forward and help us get out of this rut.


For more OYOL, go to Unsolicited Advice.


Does anything I listed sound good to you? Let me know in the comments if you'd like me to share some recipes. I promise they're all simple (or I wouldn't make them). ;-)

No comments: