Wednesday, October 24, 2007

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's Allergy Mom

I've been thinking a lot lately about what my role is or should be as the mom of an allergic child. L is two years old. We have three Halloween events coming up. The first is a MOMS club party at the park, where the kids will trick or treat from mom to mom. The issue with that one is what I will hand out as my treat. Here's the thing, L only has 10 approved foods, so unless I hand each a big old sweet potato, I won't be handing out something L can eat. But I can hand out a non-food item.

Update: In the end, I brought PlayDoh as my "treat" to the MOMS club party and chose granola bars to hand out at our door (though we ended up having not a single trick-or-treater). The latter treat was chosen, not because of L, but because I figured we wouldn't get many TOTers so I'd end up eating whatever was left, and granola bars are my normal snack anyway.

Also, L did go TOTing. He was pretty clueless, so I was able to exchange his candy for a toy without incident.

No comments: