Friday, May 14, 2010

Five Question Friday

1. Take your pick...date night, girls night out, or night out alone?
Well, I'm not much for going out alone at night. GNO would be awesome except all my good grilfriends are spread around the country so I can't realistically do a night out with them. Therefore, I'll choose Date Night with the Hubby. We were planning to go out last weekend when my sisters were visiting and could babysit, but instead L was sick, so we're overdue for a date night.

2. Can you touch your nose with your tongue?
Sadly, no.

3. What is your favorite flower and why?
I think flowers are beautiful, but I don't know much about what they're called. Roses are lovely of course, but I think I'll choose lavender (that's a flower, right?) because fields of lavender are soooo beautiful, plus I love their smell.

4. If you could go back in time, what advice would you give yourself?
Okay, I've got a few regrets in my past so maybe to alleviate some of those:

My senior year in high school, my parents--to my great dismay--brought the video camera to record my final choir concert. I was soooo angry, fuming, and I made horrible faces the whole first act hoping to get them to turn it off. At intermission, I confronted them: how could they bring the camera, without telling me, when they know how much I hate it? How can they keep recording when they see me making these horrible faces? It was a disaster. They didn't stop recording so I sneered the whole second act as well.

I've never forgiven them for ruining what was an important night in my life. (What reason could they have had to Keep Recording after I had told them it was ruining this important night?!)

I can't fix my parents but if I could go back to that night, I would tell myself to just smile--forget about the stupid camera. I could still enjoy the concert and not stand up there looking like a fool making angry faces!

Second, I'd go back to spring 1995 and not send that email to my ex-boyfriend. 'Nuff said.

5. If you won the lottery, what is the very first thing you would do?
I would assemble all the glorious and wonderful take-out food that we always deprive ourselves of for financial reasons and Go To Town--appetizers, entrees, desserts, Bring It On!

More more answers to these riveting questions, go here.

2 comments:

Catie said...

Ok, seriously. You HAVE to explain the email incident!!! I'm gonna lose sleep! ;)

I'm with ya on the going out to eat thing!! :)

Beth McC. said...

Love all your answers,so fun!!! I love your blog, too cute! Hope you have a great weekend!